The Tertuliarium or Argumentarium is the technical laboratory developed especially for the presentation of the daily debates of the verbets for the Encyclopaedia of Conscientiology, through the conscientiological Tertulias.
The Tertuliarium was inaugurated on 30th November 2008.
- 823.32 m² of building area, with 744.88 m² of floor area.
- 11 months being built (January to November 2008).
- 346 seats (8 for wheelchairs and special needs).
- 7 levels Auditorium.
- 11.20m diameter metallic dome, 13.10m high at the centre, equivalent to a 4-storey building.
- Belvedere commanding the view o the cognopolis.
- Sound and video control room.
- Simultaneous translation room.
- Dressing room.
- Support room.
- 20 toilets (4 for people with special needs).
- All stairs and ramps with handrails and anti-slip flooring (PI class 5 resistance grade).
- Lighting: super-leds in the vault of the dome (30 bulbs – 25 watts of power and 1000 lumens of luminous flux each), in other lamps, incandescent lamps with reinforced filament. No UV emissions through artificial lighting.
- Aluminum tiles with thermoaccoustic protection (polyurethane), painted with special rubberized paint.
- Thermoaccoustic mineral wool lining.
- All rooms with air conditioning, except toilets and deposits. Hot and cold air machines in the auditorium.
- 4 exhaust fans (30cm in diameter) for air exchange with the external environment, with a flow capacity of 1,200.00 m³/hour each, allowing for the renovation of all the audience air intake (2,223.00 m³) in just 28min.
- Central turntable powered by remote control.
- 32 loudspeakers (40 watts power/each).
- 6 cameras.
- Fiber optics and wireless internet access in the future.
- Upholstered chairs with clipboards for laptops.
- 120 computer sockets – average over 1: 3 (2.88).
- Ground wire for the sockets composed of 23 2.40m copper rods, 18 of which are around the building and 5 to the transformer.
- 20,000 liter rooftop rainwater cistern to irrigate the CEAEC´s gardens.